Bristol Students' Union is a membership organisation democratically led by students and supported by a team of staff. We have an ambitious new strategy which seeks to build students' pride in their union while ensuring they are well represented, that they have opportunities to develop, and that they have a great social life while they are in Bristol.
The University of Bristol Students' Union (UBU) exists to enhance the student experience of its members, all 18,000+ students at Bristol University, by creating opportunities for a fantastic student life. We are a membership organisation democratically led by students, supported by staff that run the day to day activities and services provided by the organisation.
We do this through:
- Working with the University to represent what students need from their educational experience
- Providing opportunities to try new interests and hobbies
- Enable students to develop new skills through the Union's activities programme (incl. societies, sports, volunteering and fundraising)
- Help them have fun and meet new people via our Social & Events programme
- Provide advice and support on a wide range of issues from academic to housing and welfare
- Campaign on issues that affect the student experience
Amongst our activities we support over 170 societies, 50+ sports clubs, thousands of community volunteers and student fundraisers, who last year raised over £250,000 for local, national and international charities. UBU organises and facilitates a calendar of key student events/activities including Freshers' Fair, The Varsity Programme, The Union Awards, A Leadership Development Programme and the Hodgkin Scholarship. Core to our work is developing partnerships, from local charities, arts organisations, graduate recruiters and more, we work with city organisations and companies to help our members have the best possible student experience during their time at Bristol.
Tom Berry Marketing & Communications Manager
Responsible for marketing the Union's services, events and opportunities to 18,000+ students as well as raising the organisation's profile and our members achievements across the city.
- University of Bristol
- Voluntary and Charity Sector
- Bristol City Council
The Richmond Building, 105 Queen's Road, Clifton