We work across PPC, SEO, social advertising, display, affiliate, email and we also design and build websites, specialising in the Drupal and Magento open source platforms.
Since 2000, we’ve been helping clients deliver better performance from their digital investments and along the way we’ve built an impressive portfolio of client work in a number of sectors. Now we've expanded from our Bournmouth base and opened a new office in Bristol.
We're a friendly, and uncomplicated, agency. Always happy to work in collaboration with other agencies and always happy to hear about your challenges and opportunities.
A little more info
Culturally, we always try to over deliver on projects / campaigns and we're motivated by interesting and challenging work from great clients more than profit.
We take pride in the recognition we've received from clients and the industry.
"Strange demonstrated exactly the type of in depth analytical thinking we need to help push our digital activities forward." Sam Strudwick - Head of Communications and Engagement, Amnesty International UK
"We went to Strange with an extremely complicated e-commerce challenge,, the concept needed to connect multiple ageing systems through one Magento based website.
The team worked tirelessly to make the concept a reality over a six month period, often going above and beyond to deliver.
The advice we have received has been second to none, and we now have a commerce site that has been transformed from a complicated idea into a simple reality, no mean feat.
We continue to work with Strange on marketing and development; if you're looking a long term partner to transform your online platform, look no further...They're also a very nice bunch of people!" Paul Masterson - Head of Marketing, Beales Department Stores
"We’ve been very impressed with the results we’ve seen from both SEO and Social. Strange have worked hard for us to deliver a programme that produces good business results." Liz Rodgers - General Manager, Holiday France Direct
"The team at Strange have delivered an excellent Facebook advertising strategy for Merlin Midway. They’ve worked hard to improve performance and deliver on our objectives and in the process have become a valued part of our extended team.
The insight they’ve shared is valuable and it has helped us better understand our customers. And with 12 Sea Life attractions, the operational task is quite weighty too. Strange took on the challenge with ease and we’ve had excellent feedback from the attraction teams.
We’re delighted with the activity and look forward to another year of success with Strange, using their proven approach to expand into new channels." Cheska Bennett - Head of Marketing, Merlin Midway
"The team at Strange are true business partners. They show a good understanding of both our strategic challenges and the market in which we operate. Highly creative and broad thinkers, they work to deliver the optimum approach/recommendations to get the most effective use of our budgets." Fiona Mills - Director Business Development, Avery
"We kissed an awful lot of frogs in the digital marketing space before finding our prince in Strange. From the moment they approached Charles Stanley Direct we knew that their level of detail, technical ability and knowledge of our sector was exactly what we required. They have been first class in their execution, delivery and ongoing optimisation of our account and we have been impressed by the continual striving to deliver for us. The team is highly personable, pragmatic and honest and we recommend them highly." Magnus Wheatley - MD, Charles Stanley
"Our new ship Honfleur is an important part of our brand story and finding the right agency to tell it was critical. We were impressed with the pitch from Strange. Not only did they have the creative minds to help express our vision for the site, they’ve also engineered a very clever technical solution that’s resulted in a easy to use website that we and our partners are thrilled with.
We couldn’t be happier with the website. Throughout the project, the team were brilliant to work with - always going that extra mile to help make sure the project remained on track and guiding us at every stage of the process." Nigel Wonnacott - Head of Communications, Brittany Ferries
- Creative and Digital Impact (Finalist, Dorset Business Awards)
- Marketing Excellence in Travel and Tourism (Winner, Masterclassing)
- Marketing Excellence in Social Media Marketing (Finalist, Masterclassing)
- Best Paid Social Campaign (Finalist, Drum Digital Trading Awards)
- SW Digital Agency of the Year (The Drum)
- Integrated Campaign of the Year for Brittany Ferries (Gold Winner, Chartered Institute of Marketing Travel Awards)
- Marketing Services Company of the Year (Finalist, The Drum)
- Digital Agency of the Year - (Finalist Blades Awards, Marketing Week, Design Week, New Media Age)
- Best Digital Agency (Finalist Corporate Communications)
- Numerous FWA and IMA Awards
Paul Honey Managing Director
- Co-owner of Strange, with 30 years global management experience in the UK, Asia and US (Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Capital One).
- 15 years digital experience expertise that ensures that our clients benefit from leading edge digital marketing services.
- Strong commercial acumen and exceptional strategic account direction.
- Digital marketing strategy expert in PPC, SEO, conversion rate optimisation, display, email marketing, social, affiliate and analytics.
Jon Boston Director
- Founder of Strange, with 23 years of digital experience and expertise that ensures that our clients benefit from being on the leading edge of technology.
- Deep experience in enterprise infrastructure, including system architecture, application hosting, caching, data / network security and integration.
- Development specialisms with open source applications particularly Drupal and Magento.
- Exceptional strategic account direction.
- Digital marketing expert in PPC, SEO, conversion rate optimisation, display, email marketing, social, affiliate and analytics.
- email marketing
- copy writing
- amazon aws
- google tag manager
- google analytics
- Amnesty International Uk
- Blackpool Council
- Brittany Ferries
- Holiday France Direct
- Isupply Energy
- Merlin Entertainments Sea Life Legoland Discovery Centre the Dungeons
St Nicholas House, 31-34 High Street