Looking to accelerate your UX skills?
User Experience Design - 10 week Course
Our part-time User Experience Design (UXD) course will teach you all the key skills required to research, define, design and develop digital services based upon user-centred design principles.
The programme’s industry informed curriculum will teach you how to approach problems creatively in order to design the next generation of great apps, websites, and digital products whilst preparing you to pursue opportunities to work as a User Experience Designer.
- 10 week part-time curriculum
- Thursday evenings + 2 full Saturdays
- Additional homework & project work
- Content ratio 30% theory > 70% practical
- Delivered via our 'Live' Remote Classroom with expert instructors
Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centred Design and learn to validate ideas by looping through the design process starting with User Research, Rapid Prototyping, User Testing and Iteration.
You will also be introduced to industry standard creative software tools and working processes whilst working on a real client brief.
Alongside this practical application of learned skills and techniques – you will be able to demonstrate your ability to successfully manage a project from concept to launch; combining commercially sought after skill-sets – through the application of research, design and technical development.
Students will finish the course competent in:
- Research & Analysis methods
- Understanding of UX best practice
- UX processes – Research & analysis methods
- User/Human-centred design processes
- Information architecture
- Creative software tools
- Visual design principles
- User Interface (UI) components & design patterns
- Wireframing, low-fidelity mockups & rapid prototyping
- Identifying front-end web technologies (Note: This course is not a web development course)
- Project management, workflow & handover processes
- Usability testing & validation
Our part-time User Experience (UX) Design course has been developed to help anyone looking to up-skill or change career and move into the ever increasing number of roles in UX Design.
Who is the course aimed at?
It is aimed at people looking to learn the ‘mindset’ and application of User Experience Design to digital projects (both agency and client-side) – and to gain a deeper understanding of the methods, tools and processes of working as a UX Designer.
This programme would be useful for anyone hoping to expand their knowledge of UX Design methodologies, tools and processes.
This course is ideal for:
- Career changers
- Graphic/Interface Designers
- Project and account managers
(This is by no means an exhaustive list.)
Check out our students reviews
Sign up for a taster workshop