Numbers every Marketer should know
Many marketers say they’re data-driven, but it’s amazing how some of the most fundamental principles of marketing are either overlooked or unknown by today’s marketers. We're thrilled to announce our first Bristol Media talk of 2020 is ‘Numbers every Marketer should know’ - with Firehaus’ Nick Barthram.
About this event
In this session, you will get an overview of some of the ‘golden rules’ of marketing, the evidence behind them, and why they’re not restrictive but launchpads for great creativity. It turns out that marketing isn’t always complicated, just hard.
In this 1 hour talk you'll see examples of:
- Proven empirical laws of marketing
- Stumbling blocks which most marketers trip over
- Irrational decision making by marketers
- Heuristics and biases to watch out for at work
The talk will be followed by a 30-minute Q&A so come prepared with your questions. Book here
This session is recommended for:
- Mid-level agency client service staff and planners who want to develop their strategic outlook with practical frameworks
- Junior/Mid-level client-side marketers who would like to take more of a lead in the development of strategy
Where & When
The session takes place from 3 – 4.30pm on Tuesday 21st January at Zone, The Brewhouse, Bristol. Tickets are £20+VAT for Bristol Media members and £30+VAT for non-members.
Nick has spent the last 12 years helping brands navigate the choppy waters of creating effective marketing with a rigorous evidence-based approach. He’s won numerous awards including the coveted DMA Grand Prix, judges on several awards panels and has been published in leading journals such as Admap.