The sky’s the limit on Bristol Giving Day!
Easy, inspirational activity ideas to benefit local people and guarantee fun!
As the first ever Bristol Giving Day is now just 33 days away, what are you going to do to show your “generocity”?
A delightful diversion to the working day, Bristol Giving Day on 10 October provides the unique opportunity to do something to raise funds and make a positive difference to the lives of those in need in our backyard... at the same time as having fun, empowering employees and raising your businesses’ profile.
We’ve provided below, a slightly tongue-in-cheek review of just a handful of the activities taking place and how they can indeed improve your business skills.
A live theatre project
Business skills honed: communication - requiring fluent, passionate, expressive speaking
The reward: praise for showing off, for once!
A quiz of epic proportions
Business skills honed: broadening and retrieving your general knowledge, at just the right moment.
The reward: dusting off and utilising all that useless information gathered over time.
An Everest-style climbing challenge
Business skills honed: determination and diligence
The reward: reaching dizzying heights
Business skills honed: keeping track of pieces of paper containing important numbers
The reward: a deluge of chocolate
In terms of other activities, the sky is the limit, but we invite you to…
- Get competitive and showcase your artistic skills by beautifying your surroundings with chalk graffiti that conveniently disappears under the next raincloud.
- Make a song and dance about the day. Gather up the musicians around you and run a Bremen Town musician or pied Piper of Hamlin style musical marathon.
- Engage in some civilised rivalry, in the form of a chess or gaming challenge.
- Show off your businesses’ sporting prowess in a mini tournament with other businesses - perhaps a 7 aside challenge (two halves of seven minutes each), with touch rather than tackling.
- Simply partake in a ‘dress down’ day – paying for the privilege.
- Run a cake sale with a competitive edge. Judge the culinary masterpieces before auctioning them off. The competitive element ensures top-quality offerings!
- Be plain silly and make your childhood memories come alive by setting up some party style challenges such as marshmallow-on-spoon and 3-legged races; construction challenges, involving tin foil and matchsticks etc.
Finally, you have the privilege of choosing where you want your hard-earned funds to go (within Bristol). If you prefer to utilise Quartet Community Foundation’s expertise and experience, the Bristol Giving Day Fund may well be your choice, but please see our website for other options.
Have fun, knowing it’s great for everyone!