Transmedia UK: Sector by Sector
Media Convergence Research Centre and Centre for Culture and Creative Industries
Bath Spa University, Corsham Court Campus
One-Day Academic-Industry Workshop: Friday 24th November 2017, 9.30am-6.00pm
- Alison Norrington, Creative Director at StoryCentral Ltd.
- Lana Beckwith, Senior Content Development Manager at HarperCollins
- Nataly Rios Goico, Creative Consultant at Conducttr
- Kate Fitzpatrick, Senior Strategist at e3 Media
- Tim Kindberg, CEO at Matter 2 Media Ltd
Audiences now engage with media across multiple platforms, following the fictions of films and books across social media and video games, exploring brand universes and publishing enterprises across television, comics, websites, apps, etc. This transmedia phenomenon is now a defining strategy across the media industries for generating multiple revenue streams and for building closer relationships between content, brands and audiences. But when looking across the likes of online gaming, publishing, mobile media, digital marketing, and film and television, which transmedia practices really make up the UK's multiplatform landscape?
Transmedia UK: Sector by Sector tackles this question by beginning to map the ways in which different UK media sectors are now responding to ideas, concepts and pressures of transmediality. This academic-industry workshop aims to identify the strategies and principles that now make up the transmedia practices in and across online gaming, publishing, mobile media, digital marketing, film and television and beyond, examining which practices operate across these various sectors while exploring what it now means to distinguish between storytelling, publishing, interactivity and marketing in today's transmedia environment.
As well as the confirmed industry speakers, the workshop will also showcase a range of academic perspectives on new developments in transmediality, spanning film and television, digital and participatory storytelling, heritage, pedagogy, publishing, advertising and marketing, mobile apps and virtual environments.
- Conducttr, a world-renowned audience engagement platform that integrates storytelling with gaming automation to build immersive, online and personalised gaming experiences for its users;
- HarperCollins, one of the world’s foremost book publishers with a catalogue ranging from fiction to apps;
- e3 Media, one of the UK’s most awarded independent digital marketing agencies, providing creative solutions to real-world business problems;
- Matter 2 Media Ltd., helping technologies grow to solve business problems and create experiences for users via mobile apps and social video;
- StoryCentral Ltd., which works globally with such companies as Walt Disney Imagineering, SundanceTV/AMC Networks, FOX International and Penguin to incubate new franchises, participatory experiences, story architecture and audience engagement strategies.
To book your ticket, please book via the Eventbrite page here. More details about the event, including a provisional schedule, can be found here.
Please contact Matthew Freeman (email@example.com) for further information.