Promoting the Bristol region - on film, in the cloud.
Media Bank Online is a new digital facility to share footage and increase the impact of promotional film production for the region, delivered by the Bristol & Bath Cultural Destinations project, funded by the West of England LEP, and with technology developed by Support Partners.
It draws together a great range of partners across the creative industry, cultural centres, Further and Higher Education – in fact it can cover everything that goes on here!
This session provides a walkthrough of the beta version, and the opportunity to join the group testing and developing it.
If you are – or want to be – actively involved in visual production, sharing your own assets enables you to draw on others and build the profile of the region – making it a destination for companies, students, families and talented individuals.
The system produces a new Operating Model for promoting the city region, built on :
- Easy licencing using a Creative Commons Non-Commercial Licence
- Secure access and download – access from any terminal is controlled by password.
- “If you can see it, you can use it” – only rights-free material is submitted
- An intuitive user experience – with thumbnail viewing and a shopping-basket.
- A wide range of re-usable assets – from edited versions to individual shots
- High quality – the standard is High Definition, expandable to 4K.
- Easy search and download – each asset will have embedded tags
- Easy deposit – a cloud-based system, with ingest supported by The Engine Shed
- Disaster-proof storage – you won’t lose your assets!
- A powerful partnership of the creative, cultural, educational and business entities in the region, using great images to promote the region to commissioners, clients, students, prospective employees and funders.
Find out more at this session which takes place on October 18th, 11.00-13.00, Engine Shed, BS1 6QH
We need to stand out in the world – with great images of a great place.