Developing the TV Skills of the Future
The UK film and TV industry is booming - up by over 70% in value since 2014 - and jobs in the creative industries are growing at four times the overall UK rate. This provides a challenge to find and develop the world class UK crew and talent needed to sustain such growth.
Creative Skillset, the industry skills body for the screen-based Creative Industries, are inviting training providers to deliver five new programmes, with funding from the High End TV (HETV) Levy, to develop the TV skills of the future. These programmes have been identified by working groups within the TV drama industry as first priorities:
- Director Stepping Up Scheme – for directors in continuing drama/factual or comedy wishing to move into HETV drama.
- Freelancers Appraisal and Support Programme – for freelancers working within HETV Craft and Technical roles.
- Line Producer Training – for people already working as Line Producers and wishing to improve their skills or working in another grade and looking to step up into HETV Line Producer roles.
- Production Accountant Training – for people already working in Production Accounting roles wishing to improve their skills or working in another grade and looking to step up into Production Accounting.
- Return to Work Programme – for people who wish to re-enter the HETV industry following a career break.
Kaye Elliott, High End TV Lead, Creative Skillset said, “Our High End TV strategic vision is focused on the long term development of world class UK crew and talent. The HETV Levy funds are led by industry and work as hard as possible to deliver this core objective. Our new industry working groups have identified these valuable and fresh interventions that will find, propel and develop the HETV drama talent that the industry needs.”
There will be two rounds of applications and the deadline for the initial expression of interest is noon on Friday 11th August 2017.
For full details of the Programmes and how training providers can apply, visit the HETV funding page on the Creative Skillset website at: http://creativeskillset.org/high_end_tv/funding