Ten Highlights from the Social Media Week Bristol Schedule
Bristol Media have announced that the schedule for Social Media Week Bristol (14 – 18 November) will be released and tickets will go on sale next week, soon, any day now! Here are ten happy highlights to share with you.
- Make way for social media royalty! Twitter, Facebook (thanks APG West) and Buzzfeed will be paying Bristol a visit. Hear keynote speeches from their smartest thinkers and get the chance to ask them your burning questions!
- Shhhhhh. Bristol powerhouses Aardman & Yogscast will be sharing secrets about the role YouTube is playing in transforming and driving the future of their businesses.
- Get inspired. Hear stories from the DO-ers of the world - movers and shakers, disrupters and change-makers in a series of three Do Lecture Lunches created and hosted by e3.
- Get sector specific. Attend a mini conference dedicated to the power of mums on social media hosted by The Real Adventure Unlimited; the small business social media summit hosted by Enterprise Nation; tourism connect hosted by Visit Britain & Visit Bristol; food and drink focused events hosted by Duchess Media & Foozie; and a roundtable exploring how digital is transforming financial services hosted by True Digital.
- Skill up! Attend dedicated sessions on social advertising from SearchStar, social measurement from Noisy Little Monkey, enterprise social networks from Synergy Creative, user-generated content from TINT. Own your own business? Business West will be showing you how to grow it internationally using social media. Hear all about what you might be doing wrong on social media from published author, Luan Wise.
- Pack a punch by learning how to get 100,000 impressions on Twitter, unleash your Instagram potential with the help of Jess Siggers (38,000 followers), get to grips with Facebook Live with guidance from Yahoo & Torchbox, discover how to work with social media influencers with advice from Fat Media, find out from OMG Renegade how you tell a story and create quality, video content.
- Starting out in your social media career? Attend ADLIB’s panel and grow know-how about the different ways to build a career in the sector. Struggling to hire? Businesses and enterprises can learn from 33 and Glassdoor on how to attract talent in the digital age.
- US, Asia, Australia, London and now Bristol! Pioneering global educators General Assembly, will be making their market debut and offering award-winning, dynamic training over four evenings in four separate sessions on topics as diverse as data science and analytics, social media metrics to make your board happy and getting to grips with Snapchat and Instagram Stories.
- Getting #SMWiBristol trending! Take a sneak peak inside Zone’s Social Media Week Bristol newsroom at an event where the team will be sharing best practice and showcasing the advance work they have done to get #SMWiBristol trending UK-wide, as an example of how newsrooms can be used to promote a key cause or a brand message.
- Finally, get closure. On Friday 18 November a closing party will offer the chance to meet up with the great and the good of the social media community and where the winner of the apprenticeship to SXSW will be announced.
The price of each event in no way reflects its true value. From £5 - £35 per ticket, prices have been purposefully kept low to encourage maximum participation in the schedule. Social Media Week has been largely funded through the generosity of its partners, sponsors and speakers.
Social Media Week will be hosted at OVO Energy’s award winning office, at the Engine Shed and Everyman Cinema and in an eclectic mix of venues including pubs, bakeries, theatres and creative and digital agencies across central, South & North Bristol.
Want to be the first to know when the schedule goes live? Email Lynda@bristolmedia.co.uk to get on the list. Coming soon, we promise!