Ten Things You Need to Know About Social Media Week Bristol
- Social Media Week Bristol (#SMWiBristol) will be held from 14-18 November 2016. Tickets will go on sale on 26 September when the full schedule will also be published on www.bristolmedia.co.uk
- Hosted in a selection of the city’s coolest spaces, the programme will be packed with over 45 events and will be priced from £10 to £35 per event.
- Expect keynotes from international industry leaders including Twitter and Buzzfeed and knowledge building thought leadership seminars
- There will be practical skill up sessions designed for those getting to grips with the basics of social media as well as sessions aimed at high flyers wanting to tackle what’s next. Everything from the basics of Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn to the use of drones and virtual reality in social media.
- Content will be clustered around half-day hubs to make the week easy to navigate. These include sessions focused on tourism, financial services, business to business communications, start-ups/SMEs, employee communications, food and drink, the third sector and a mini conference dedicated to the power of the mummy blogger.
- Underpinning the week will be Bristol’s interpretation of SMW’s global theme for 2016, “The Invisible Hand: Hidden Forces of Technology (and How We Can Harness it for Good).” On the opening day, Bristol Media will be revealing the pledges it has gathered from its membership community to support the future growth of the city’s creative sector. Read more here.
- There will be a closing party on Friday 18 November where the winner of an apprenticeship to the world’s largest interactive conference, South by Southwest (SXSW) in Austin, Texas will be revealed with a live link to a representative from SXSW in Austin. Support this initiative here.
- Bristol is participating in a truly global event. SMW hosts over 20 conferences four times a year on six continents. At the same time as Social Media Week is happening in Bristol it’s also happening in Chicago, Rotterdam, Santiago, Delhi, Copenhagen and Dubai.
- To start a conversation online follow @Bristol_Media on Twitter and use the hashtag #SMWiBristol. If you would like to register your interest in attending and be alerted when the schedule goes live please email Lynda@bristolmedia.co.uk
- Bristol will be the first city in the UK outside of London to host a SMW. It will also be one of the first cities in the world to host an SMWi, which is a newly launched initiative, aimed at smaller cities that want to organise a more flexible programme of activity tailored to the needs of their location.
The event would not be possible without our sponsors, partners and ambassadors who have been instrumental in curating, shaping and promoting the week. Thank you to ADLIB, BBC Bristol, BMC, Bristol is Open, Bristol Learning City Bristol24/7, Business West, Chartered Institute of Public Relations, Destination Bristol, General Assembly, Invest Bristol & Bath, The Agency Works and PRCA. Thank you to our community of stellar agency sponsors e3, Fat Media, Noisy Little Monkey, Nomensa, OMGRenegade, Pixillion, The Real Adventure Unlimited, ThirtyThree, Torchbox, True Digital, SearchStar and Zone.