Loving Google business photos
At Search Star we recently had our Google Business photos taken by a Google Trusted Photographer (Better Reach) for a full 360° panorama. They visit the office with a camera on a tripod, take a series of images around the room/space then the photographer stitches them together to create a panoramic walk-through image similar to Street View.
These images are then uploaded on to Google Maps and are featured on the business’ Google+ page. Whenever your business is searched on PC, Tablet or mobile your G+ page and any images linked to your location will be presented in a tidy ‘card’ that is displayed on the search results page. This card also lists information such as how many followers you have on Google+, directions to your office/shop, reviews left by customers and a link to your website or blog.
Having 360° photos is cool for businesses of all sizes for a number of reasons:
- It personalises the business for the customer – they can visualise you (people buy people and are more likely to use you.
- It’s a chance to show off your office, your staff (although people’s faces are blurred out) and your “look” to potential customers.
- Link your business to your Google+ page to enhance listings and display the number of followers.
- There is also been good evidence to suggest that it will improve organic rankings on Google due to the higher click through rate.
- The panorama can be embedded anywhere you want and it is a great opportunity for business exposure.
Since putting the panorama photos up we’ve had multiple positive comments…go on get it done.