Is your website legal?
Rebecca Steer runs Steer & Co, a small law firm specialising in the creative sector. Over the last few years Rebecca has run numerous successful workshops for Bristol Media members and this one 'Is your website legal?'is the second in a new series for 2013.
Who should attend?
Website developers and businesses who have a website and/or conduct their business online.
The workshop will cover:
Overview of what all UK trading websites should comply with, including:
- What website terms and conditions should say;
- Privacy policies;
- Distance Selling legislation and consumer legislation which apply if you are selling goods or services to customers in the UK;
- Data protection provisions;
- Use of data collected from the website;
- Use of copyright works (such as photos, music and images) and trademarks on websites;
- Use of open source software, third party code and functionality;
- Implications if your site is aimed at a worldwide audience.
By the end of the session you will:
- Be able to identify areas where a website does/does not comply;
- Know what policies you should have on your website and what these should say;
- Know how to legally use third party photos, music and images etc on your site;
- Be able to offer advice to clients who operate websites on all of the above.
Due to unforseen circumstances, this workshop has been postponed until Monday 24th June from 4-6pm in The Loft at Goldbrick House. Tickets are £25.00+VAT for members and £40+VAT for non members. To book your place email Alli Nicholas firstname.lastname@example.org
Other workshops with Rebecca Steer include: