Managing Editor | Wildfire Comms
Role categories: Publishing / Press / Media
- Rate/Salary: Competitive rate
- Location: Bristol
- Type: permanent
- Starting date: ASAP
- Expires: 30/09/2019
Bristol digital & print publishers Wildfire Comms is seeking an ambitious & experienced B2B editor.
Based in the Paintworks media quarter, you will be responsible for our niche education B2B titles.
Initially, your prime focus will be editing our leading title, University Business, whilst also mentoring and managing the team of editors producing Wildfire’s four other magazines & websites You will drive the editorial quality of our output and liaise closely with the design, sales and marketing teams as well as our sector partner associations & organisations.
In addition, this is a hugely exciting moment in Wildfire’s adventure. We have the desire and vision to expand our UK titles into international markets. To be recognised as world leaders in our sector. And you will be critical in helping us realise our ambitions; in leading the thinking & doing behind producing market leading content. Help us create a compelling digital strategy and the new digital channels which will realise our commercial objectives. Building & delivering this quality editorial platform will be an adventurous [and no doubt demanding!] project. Are you up for a challenge?
You will have considerable experience of producing quality B2B content, be able to work with and inspire a small, tightly knit team, liaise with professional associations and may need to confidently represent the titles at conferences and events around the UK and internationally.
- Considerable experience in magazine/newspaper editing including flat-planning and managing your own publishing projects.
- An impressive understanding of best digital editorial practice
- An understanding of the black art of SEO & Editorial alchemy
- You will have flawless writing, copy editing, proofreading and production skills.
- You will be a strong forward planner who is meticulously organised.
- You will be a detail person who always delivers projects to tight deadlines.
- You will be fully conversant with social media and its full range of uses (Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn.)
- Ideally be proficient in Indesign
- Ideally have video editing / software experience
- You will be a genuine team player, able to work closely with a busy advertising/design team, other editors, commercial clients and freelance writers.
- You will have a ‘can-do’ attitude, willing to turn your hand to any task and find unique solutions to challenges.
- You will have the ability to use content management systems for uploading web content.
- And be able to buy your round down the pub after work