Front End React Developer | Torchbox
Role categories: Digital / Interactive
- Rate/Salary: Competitive
- Location: Bristol
- Starting date: ASAP
- Expires: 20/09/2019
Torchbox is looking for a brilliant front-end React developer to work with our fantastic team on some of the most rewarding client projects that any right thinking, liberal minded, creative geek could hope for.
You'll be excited about creating great user experiences, and understand that web interfaces are as much about feel and reactiveness as they are about looks. And, you will enjoy working closely with the designers to create fantastic interfaces as part of a creative team.
What will you be doing day to day?
You'll be working as part of a close project team to produce web sites and digital products for our not-for-profit clients including charities, universities and government organisations. You’ll need to be flexible and adaptable, and confident quickly getting up to speed with new codebases. You’ll relish the challenge of working on multiple projects with different tech stacks.
- Excellent, personable communication skills, both with your team and clients
- Ability to produce high quality work to tight deadlines
- A thorough knowledge of React development patterns
- Experience with state management libraries like Redux
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, including WCAG/WAI issues
- Strong knowledge of CSS and SCSS
- Good knowledge of CSS methodologies, especially BEM, CSS Modules and CSS-in-JS
- Strong knowledge of web standards, trends and patterns
- Good knowledge of Node-based tooling especially npm and Webpack
- Good knowledge of Git
- Experience working with SVG
- Confidence using any CMS or template language
- Experience following Agile methodologies
- You write tests with Jest
- You Lint all your code
For bonus points:
- Experience with client-side routing
- Integration with REST & GraphQL APIs
- You’ve used Gatsby and GraphQL
- You've used Django or dabbled with Python
- You’ve used the Wagtail CMS
- Some experience of Vagrant
In return, we'll offer an enviable office environment, either on a beautiful country estate on the edge of the Cotswolds or in the centre of Bristol. Torchbox is an Employee Owned Trust which means that once you pass your probation you become a part owner of the company and eligible to a tax free partner bonus. Salary is commensurate with experience plus performance-related bonuses, 25 days annual leave, life insurance, a generous ethical-fund pension scheme, health plan, bike to work scheme, conference budget and more. We have weekly team lunches and occasionally we go on incredible team-building trips.
This position can be cased at our office in Bristol or Charlbury, Oxfordshire.
Torchbox is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Strictly no agencies, please.
Other jobs at Torchbox
Torchbox is looking for a Digital Marketing Executive to join our rapidly growing Search & Analytics team in Bristol or...
Torchbox is looking for a PPC Account Manager to join our growing Search & Analytics team. You’ll be running pay-per-click...
Torchbox is looking for a Senior Digital Marketing Executive to join our Search & Analytics team. You’ll be working with...