Associate Strategy Director | Taxi Studio
Role categories: Design and Branding, Planning/Strategy
- Rate/Salary: Salary dependent on experience
- Location: Bristol
- Type: permanent
- Starting date: ASAP
- Expires: 30/09/2019
There’s exciting times ahead at Taxi Studio. With a suite of diverse, brilliant briefs coming at us from all corners of the planet, our studio’s growing and we’re looking for creative superstars to come along on the journey.
The Associate Strategy Director must have a detailed, practical knowledge of branding and a perspective of how they can help Taxi Studio stand out from the crowd with our Fearless offering.
To fuel your thinking you will be ninja level in all aspects of research – from competitive intelligence and desk research to different methodologies of Qual and Quant; able to set research objectives and brief agencies as well as comfortable conducting depth interviews and small focus groups. Cross-channel experience would be great to supplement our existing talent pool.
You will be a:
- Brand Builder – must have a detailed, practical knowledge of branding, with a voracious appetite and experience in design and communication.
- Creative Strategist – an engaging and inventive brand storyteller, who deploys creativity in everything you do.
- Strategic Leader – experience of sitting at the ‘top table’ for clients and leading the strategic debate with rounded commercial and business acumen which extends beyond marketing and brand issues.
Could that be you? Well, we’re a diverse bunch and that means we’re always looking for people to enrich our studio with fresh points of view. So it doesn’t really matter if you’re a quiet crafter, an off-the-wall thinker or both of the above – as long you’re vibrant, ambitious and eager to collaborate then we want to hear from you.
ALLOW US TO INTRODUCE OURSELVES…
At Taxi Studio, producing work that sets the bar ridiculously high is our creative priority. Be that for breakout brands or global giants, every single one of our superstars has a decisive role to play.
People come to us with awesome creative instincts and an enthusiasm to embrace what we’re all about. They leave with a bunch of brilliant experiences; confident in the knowledge they’ve grown ten feet taller and been part of a pretty special culture.
So what’s our vibe?
It’s the sh*ts and giggles. The home from home. Knowing you’ve ‘got this’, but everyone still has your back. Feeling overwhelmingly valued by your team… and all of this is underwritten by 3 core values:
- Real Relationships – with our people and our clients. We are down to earth and say it as we see it – we value long-term relationships and behave accordingly.
- Fearlessness – we like to push the boundaries and develop big ideas that transcend specific mediums, blowing our clients’ socks off in the process.
- Fairness – we treat others as we wish to be treated ourselves.
That means that when you work at Taxi Studio you won’t just get a competitive remunerative and benefits package – you’ll also get to work with people who are as nice and talented as you are.
THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU IF…
You have at least 8-10 years’ experience of brand building in an agency environment. You will be comfortable leading client strategy and developing relationships.
Dynamic, bright, inquisitive, down-to-earth (we don’t do egos at Taxi on any level!), you’ll be a confident presenter and have high creative empathy. Evidence of developing and implementing IP relating to brand strategy would be highly desirable, as would a firmly established track record in leading successful pitches across diverse sectors.
On a practical level a high degree of familiarity with Keynote is desirable, but MS Office is essential, including PowerPoint, at which you should be at near Wizard level. Ability to drive and provide your own car for meetings is essential. Ability to speak another European language is desirable. And some foreign travel is likely, so you’ll need to maintain a valid Passport.
You’re brilliant at:
– Developing and presenting convincing and well considered brand/and or creative strategy response including overall positionings, brand architecture; innovation, creative platforms.
– Preparing and delivering strategy workshops – researching the relevant categories/markets; preparing presentations; analysing client research and generally filtering the available information to ascertain the key insights and factors which should inform the development of creative work.
– Being responsible for the delivery of succinct, focused and inspiring creative briefs and super sharp at reviewing creative work to ensure it is on brief and guiding it to be better.
– Understanding research methodologies; able to set research objectives and brief agencies as well as comfortable conducting depth interviews and small focus groups.
– Growing and inspiring less experienced members of the team and providing support and counsel across projects as well as overseeing line management of a Senior Strategist.
– Outstanding communication in both written and spoken forms, outwardly & inwardly facing – being able to convey ideas simply; write clear concept statements and justify creative work in a comprehensive and compelling way.
– Leading pitches from preparation of credentials; interrogation of pitch briefs; development of strategic response and explanation of creative work.
– Working closely with the Client Partnerships team on client development and supporting new business opportunities (including marketing of Taxi).
– Identifying opportunities for clients and demonstrating the strategic and commercial merits.
HOW WE SAY THANKS It’s the people that make the studio, so we make sure we reward ours generously. That means when you work with us, you can expect all the usual goodies (breakfast, parties, Friday booze, studio lunches, and all the tea and coffee your heart desires) and then some. – Generous personal development budget to spend as you wish – Regular inspiration workshops and tickets to creative seminars – Competitive salary with annual pay reviews – Flexible working options – Bonus of up to 10% of salary – Enhanced maternity and paternity package – Life Assurance – Private Healthcare – 23 days holiday (which increases with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days), plus bank holidays, your birthday off, and a Christmas shut down period
HOW WE SAY THANKS
It’s the people that make the studio, so we make sure we reward ours generously. That means when you work with us, you can expect all the usual goodies (breakfast, parties, Friday booze, studio lunches, and all the tea and coffee your heart desires) and then some.
– Generous personal development budget to spend as you wish
– Regular inspiration workshops and tickets to creative seminars
– Competitive salary with annual pay reviews
– Flexible working options
– Bonus of up to 10% of salary
– Enhanced maternity and paternity package
– Life Assurance
– Private Healthcare
– 23 days holiday (which increases with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days), plus bank holidays, your birthday off, and a Christmas shut down period
Other jobs at Taxi Studio
There’s exciting times ahead at Taxi Studio – the world is changing, our clients are diversifying, we’re moving upstream and...
Rate/salary: Salary dependent on experience