Senior Strategist | Armadillo
Role categories: Marketing
- Rate/Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per year
- Location: Bristol
- Type: permanent
- Starting date: ASAP
- Expires: 31/10/2019
We’re Armadillo, a CRM agency based in the heart of Bristol. We work with some of the world’s biggest brands, including McDonald’s, P&O Cruises, Cunard, Disney, and Expedia (hotels.com), to produce beautifully creative, and effective, CRM campaigns.
At Armadillo, we believe in the long-term success that comes from always putting the best interests of our clients, and the well-being and progression of our staff, at the heart of everything we do. As an agency, we are ambitious and free-thinking, yet at the same time pragmatic, straightforward.
We’re looking for an experienced and confident strategic thinker to meet the growing demand within the business for clear, ambitious, and well-informed strategies to meet our client’s business challenges.
As a senior member of the Strategy and Planning team you will be expected to take the lead on key projects, working with independence and good judgement and with key stakeholders across the business and senior Clients.
You’ll have experience of devising data-driven brand, marketing and campaign strategies, researching and unearthing insight to inform inspiring creative briefs, briefing and evaluating data analysis, and will have a broad industry-view of the digital and CRM environment.
Personally, you’ll be a great communicator, curious and challenging, accountable and collaborative and prepared to support the growth of more junior members of the business in upskilling strategic thought. This is an exciting new role that will play a key role in helping shape the agency’s strategic capability and growth.
CRM and digital marketing strategy
- Delving into Client challenges to create clear, simple and effective strategies for marketing activity across email and other digital channels.
- Draw customer insight from data analysis and desk research to inform inspiring creative briefs and work with our Art Director and Copywriter to generate uniquely compelling creative outputs.
- Generate customer-focused use cases for new products and functionality that inspire the creative team to communicate these to customers
Data insight and campaign planning
- Ability to draw insight from data, and use this to form the basis of future campaign strategies
- Defining campaign KPIs, briefing data analysis and working with analyst to unearth the story behind the data, to inform future activity
- Identifying key testing areas and planning test opportunities and resulting measurement requirements
Customer experience and journey planning
- Apply an understanding of human behaviour and biases to the process of planning a customer journey through a digital environment
- Draw up thorough and logical plans from which to build data flows, logic and conditions for multi-stage journeys
Specific skills and experience
- Fascination with and understanding of human behavior within a marketing context
- Broad experience of business objectives, client relationships and the workings of an agency
- Great presenter and influencer, who can capture the trust and confidence of senior Clients
- Capable of both left-brain pragmatism and right-brain free-thinking
- Ability to make the complex appear simple, and provide guidance, recommendations and reassurance to Clients
- Broad knowledge of the CRM and digital environments with bags of ideas about how to harness these to the advantage of our Clients
- A desire to achieve high quality standards with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter who is solution oriented and knows how to ‘make things happen’
- Takes action / decisions with consideration for both client and agency interests
- Has a challenging and enquiring mind, with an ability to take a fresh perspective, keeping up to date with latest thinking
As well as the benefits you would expect, including contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and plenty of social events, at Armadillo you will also enjoy: Armadillo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
As well as the benefits you would expect, including contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and plenty of social events, at Armadillo you will also enjoy:
Armadillo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Strategy & Planning Director
Other jobs at Armadillo
At Armadillo, we work with some of the world’s biggest brands, including Disney, McDonald’s, P&O Cruises and Cunard Cruises, to...
We’re Armadillo, a CRM agency based in the heart of Bristol. We work with some of the world’s biggest brands...