Client Development Director | Taxi Studio
Function: Client Services Director
Role categories: Design and Branding
- Rate/Salary: Salary dependent on experience
- Location: Bristol
- Starting date: ASAP
- Expires: 31/10/2019
There’s exciting times ahead at Taxi Studio – the world is changing, our clients are diversifying, we’re moving upstream and we’re looking for some key superstars to help shape the journey.
The overall purpose of the Client Development Director is to lead our Client Partnerships team from the front, to grow and deepen our existing relationships, and play a key role in blowing open the huge range of global opportunities we have in front of us. With an experienced tier of SAD’s and AD, who look after the day to day running of the team, you will spend more time on a plane or in client board rooms than sitting at a desk.
Could that be you? Well, we’re a diverse bunch and that means we’re always looking for people to enrich our studio with fresh points of view. So, it doesn’t really matter if you’re a quiet contemplator, an off-the-wall thinker or both of the above – as long you’re vibrant, ambitious and with a wealth of industry experience behind you then we want to hear from you.
You will be:
- A proven commercial powerhouse: Taking overall responsibility for the fee target, accuracy of forecasting and helping spot and drive insightful opportunities to increase revenue and profit through all relationships.
- A trusted agency partner: Developing and nurturing client relationships at a c-suite level and spotting future opportunities by staying abreast of their businesses, sectors and challenges.
- An inspirational leader: Mentoring the Account Directors to be razor sharp client developers and strategic thinkers and leading the client partnerships team from the front.
You will report directly to the Strategy Partner who will regularly mentor and coach you, as well as agreeing your performance objectives and development needs through your annual PDR.
ALLOW US TO INTRODUCE OURSELVES…
At Taxi Studio, producing work that sets the bar ridiculously high is our creative priority. Be that for breakout brands or global giants, every single one of our superstars has a decisive role to play.
People come to us with awesome creative instincts and an enthusiasm to embrace what we’re all about. They leave with a bunch of brilliant experiences; confident in the knowledge they’ve grown ten feet taller and been part of a pretty special culture.
So what’s our vibe?
It’s the sh*ts and giggles. The home from home. Knowing you’ve ‘got this’, but everyone still has your back. Feeling overwhelmingly valued by your team… and all of this is underwritten by 3 core values:
- Real Relationships – with our people and our clients. We are down to earth and say it as we see it – we value long-term relationships and behave accordingly.
- Fearlessness – we like to push the boundaries and develop big ideas that transcend specific mediums, blowing our clients’ socks off in the process.
- Fairness – we treat others as we wish to be treated ourselves.
That means that when you work at Taxi Studio you won’t just get a competitive remunerative and benefits package – you’ll also get to work with people who are as nice and talented as you are.
THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU IF YOU’RE…
- Highly organised: Able to forward plan and spin plates on a day-to-day basis
- A natural communicator: Written and oral, outwardly and inwardly facing, a curious networker
- Commercially Savvy: Contributing to business-wide decision making, pitched at any level, to any crowd
- Inspirational: Champion of creativity and strategic excellence, with a deep understanding of design
- Collaborative: Holding meaningful relationships with clients and across all areas of Taxi
- Flexible: Able to jump on a plane at short notice and travel the globe building and growing client relationships
A commercial powerhouse
As the Head of the Client Partnerships Team, you’ll be responsible for delivering the overall fee target for the business and mentoring your team to build meaningful, fruitful and profitable client relationships. You’ll do this by:
- Playing a central role in annual budget setting and target review alongside the Head of Finance and MD
- Ensuring accurate revenue forecasts and pipeline reports are produced by your team and able to instinctively and positively respond to changes
- Staying abreast of global trends and anticipating market factors that might influence or threaten client spend
- Working alongside the founders to co-create the overall new business strategy
A trusted partner and business developer
- Building on your existing global network of meaningful high-level client relationships, identifying and establishing a clear contact strategy for all of our clients at a senior and c-suite level
- Developing strong relationships with key client stakeholders who look to you for senior support and counsel
- Spotting opportunities by staying abreast of client businesses and challenges and keeping us front of mind at CMO level downwards
- Supporting the Business Development Team in pitches and credentials meetings with Senior-level global clients
An inspirational leader
Mentoring the ADs to be proactive and hungry client developers, coaching them to create targeted client development plans that achieve their revenue targets and develop real relationships
Attending management meetings when required and inputting on overall business decisions and future planning, management-level decision-making and operational leadership
HOW WE SAY THANKS It’s the people that make the studio, so we make sure we reward ours generously. That means when you work with us, you can expect all the usual goodies (breakfast, parties, Friday booze, studio lunches, and all the tea and coffee your heart desires) and then some.
HOW WE SAY THANKS
It’s the people that make the studio, so we make sure we reward ours generously. That means when you work with us, you can expect all the usual goodies (breakfast, parties, Friday booze, studio lunches, and all the tea and coffee your heart desires) and then some.
Other jobs at Taxi Studio
There’s exciting times ahead at Taxi Studio. With a suite of diverse, brilliant briefs coming at us from all corners...
Rate/salary: Salary dependent on experience