PR Manager, AgencyUK
Function: PR Manager
Role categories: PR and Communications
- Rate/Salary: Salary dependent on experience
- Location: Bath
- Starting date: 05/08/2019
- Expires: 31/07/2019
AUK is one of the South West’s leading independent agencies made up of an experienced senior team and bright and passionate creatives, delivering effective advertising and marketing services.
We work with household names and best kept secrets, and are famous for taking challenger brands to the number one spot. We are successful at it because we put the digital consumer at the heart of everything we do.
Established in 2008 we have grown to become RAR Ad Agency of the Year (Under 40 staff) 2019.
Our ambition is to grow AgencyUK as one of Europe’s leading communications consultancies by hiring the best teams in the business, and developing our reputation for strategic, creative and technical expertise. Our ambition in 2019 is to continue building on our PR and Social service offering. This will lie at the heart of our communications, facilitating effective publicity and enhancing our brand communications capabilities for our clients.
Why we exist
We help brands mean more to more people! Our mean more philosophy encapsulates our approach to marketing communications, keeps us focused on the commercial impact we have on our client’s brands and makes us the team we are today.
“We’re team players. Expert collaborators. Building strong relationships with clients is what we do best, and it’s how we’ve produced some of our most outstanding work. We love a positive challenge, so we like to work with brands who do too. In short, we team up with clients who are looking to add depth, sparkle or focus to their brand.”
Your role sits within the PR and social media team at AUK. The purpose of this role is to be the driving force behind campaign activation, always with an eye on delivering excellent work that meets or exceeds the agreed KPIs. Every action should be taken with both client satisfaction and agency profitability in mind.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills
- Results focused
- Flexible and agile working style
- Able to effectively prioritise and manage own workload, as well as those around you (up, down and to the side!)
- Driver for personal development and growth
- High level of attention to detail
- Love for quality client servicing
- Creative and strategic ability
- A dynamic, ambitious attitude and outlook – for yourself, for those around you, and for the business
PR & Social Media departmental responsibilities
- Campaign development and ownership: Accurately interpret briefs and client expectations and be able to create well thought-out, structured, strategic recommendations to your clients, alongside your team lead.
- Programme management: Responsible for the smooth, successful implementation of projects and campaigns for clients, from original brief, through to KPI agreement, research, planning and strategy, proposal generation, activation, cost control, reporting, budget management and evaluation. This requires strong problem-solving skills, with a knack to identify an issue (or risk of an issue) long before the client, propose a sensible solution and activate before the issue occurs.
- Knowledge management: Develop in-depth knowledge of the clients’ businesses (including their business objectives) and the sector in which they operate to ensure you are able to hold informed strategic conversations with the client, as well as be able to make the best recommendations to meet their brief.
- Client relationships: Build and maintain strong client relationships, acting at the first point of contact for all day to day client enquiries.
- Influencer relationships: Build and maintain relationships with key influencers including journalists, bloggers, trade bodies (where relevant) and other stakeholder groups.
- Pitching to audiences: A skilled approach to media and influencer pitching, proactively using a range of techniques to deliver results (e.g. features, commentary, news-jacking, briefings and news placement).
- Content creation: A creative approach to content creation for wider campaign activity, demonstrating contextual awareness and ability to work with the AUK creative team on briefing and development.
- Writing: Ensure excellent quality outputs – ability to adapt tone of voice, with attention to spelling and grammar in commentary and PR materials, as well as in proposals and reporting.
- Reporting and management: Manage and oversee the day to day administration of all client accounts, such as reporting and budget management.
- Account profitability: Ensure that all campaigns and projects are delivered to client expectations, on time and on budget. This requires ongoing proactive management of schedules of work, budgets (monthly / quarterly / annual) and resourcing across the team (alongside your team lead and client servicing).
- Account development: Work with your team lead to ensure that opportunities for growth are maximised.
- Team following: Be a positive, proactive and energised member of the team that others trust, follow and want to work with.
- Internal communication: Maintain strong dialogue and relationships are held with all others parts of the AUK business and identify opportunities to upsell AUK wherever possible (i.e. creative work, digital introductions etc.).
- Team management: Alongside the team lead, create and manage a platform for managing resource across the team. Delegate work to and help train juniors in your team – this requires proactive mentoring and coaching and we expect you to host formal training sessions with them around agreed subjects.
- Business development: Ensure you are involved in new business – we want you to help drive our business forwards and help us win clients that you want to work on. This will require you working alongside with your lead on the team to define what clients you would like, what the story for our pitch is, make contact with prospects and work on any pitch documents. We also expect you to be involved in the pitch itself by playing a key role in the meeting as an expert in your area of interest.
- Presentation and facilitation: Confident and effective presentation and facilitation skills are applied internally with teams and externally with clients, prospects and other audiences.
- Agency profile: Assist in the development and management of AUK’s profile in the wider marketing and communications industry, through relevant media channels.
We thrive on positivity. AgencyUK is a home for happy people. We thrive on building a creative culture, and therefore expect all of our team to extend their full support and positive influence in the office and to our clients, particularly when we face challenges at work.
Please see attached job description
Please see attached job description