WordPress and WooCommerce Developer, Atomic Smash
Function: Web Developer
Role categories: Digital / Interactive
- Rate/Salary: £25 - £30K
- Location: Bristol
- Type: permanent
- Starting date: ASAP
- Expires: 05/07/2019
Atomic Smash is a growing technology company based right next to Temple Meads.
We are currently specialising in using modern open source technology (WordPress and WooCommerce) to deliver online solutions for a range of clients, from International Art Galleries to Trampoline Parks. Our focus is to help our clients achieve their goals online.
Key job facts:
- We are looking for a WordPress and WooCommerce developer
- Applications close June 28th
- 2+ years commercial experience
- Based in our Bristol office – no remote applications
- No recruitment agencies
Day-to-day at Atomic Smash
As well as developing WordPress driven sites there is also scope for learning new technologies and expanding your skillset further. We want our team members to be constantly learning and therefore we always have internal projects which push our skills. We are also always on the lookout for conferences/talks for team members to attend.
We are always looking at ways to diversify our team and understand the benefits of having a more diverse workplace. We are currently talking to Knowle West Media Centre about how we could help young people with less traditional educational backgrounds get into the technology industry through work experience or placement opportunities.
- 2+ years commercial experience
- Experience with developing for WooCommerce
- Very good communication skills and ability to explain complicated processes in simple terms
- Ability to self manage time and priorities
- In-depth provable knowledge of WordPress
- You must be able to talk about a minimum of 2 projects they are proud of, which go beyond the standard functionality that WordPress provides
- An understanding of OOP
- Inside out knowledge of GIT
- Understanding of web security
- Understanding of LEMP administration
Candidates must be able to easily commute to our Bristol office. We are not currently accepting remote positions.
The recruitment process will consist of:
- A 20 – 30 min phone conversation to qualify certain criteria
- An hour interview to review your application
- Possibility of a second interview depending on the number of candidates etc.
We are looking for the new member to start as soon as possible. and the job application process will close on Friday 28th June.
We are looking for someone to join our company who shares our passion for all things digital and is well experienced in PHP, backend WordPress and WooCommerce development.
We are very technically minded as a studio and there is a total crossover between design and development. We really understand the web design process from start to finish, while also recognising that projects are never really ‘complete’. There will always be room for iterations and improvements.
There are lots of exciting projects running through the studio from both the creative and the technical aspect. We are looking for someone who clearly loves developing and is always looking for the next piece of technology to dabble with.
The successful candidate will see themselves working very closely with clients to provide continuous delivery solutions for a small number of enterprise standard WordPress platforms which have complex integrations with external services. You will be part of a 5 strong development team and will have a group of knowledgeable team members to learn from and share ideas with.