Full-time Junior Web Developer, Fiasco Design
Function: Web Developer
Role categories: Design and Branding, Digital / Interactive
- Rate/Salary: Competitive
- Location: Bristol
- Starting date: ASAP
- Expires: 01/03/2019
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Junior Web Developer to join our growing team.
Working on a variety of projects for local and international brands, you will work alongside a talented team of creatives to assist in the design, coding and testing of technical solutions.
What you'll do...
- Help to build websites for our clients
- Maintain, update and enhance existing websites
- Work with our Founders, Account Managers, Designers, Senior Developers and directly with clients
- Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages
- Get stuck in right from the off, your ideas are just as valid as anyone else’s
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £20-24K (dependent on experience)
How to apply
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. Please send applications to email@example.com with the following:
Subject line: I’d like to apply for the Junior Web Developer role
Body: In 5x bullet points, describe why you’re the best person for the job and what you’d bring to the team.
Please keep cover letters short and attach an up-to-date CV, plus a link to your Twitter/Instagram accounts (if you have them).
Any relevant links to portfolio sites, Github profiles or sites you’ve built/helped build (please outline your involvement) to support your application.
No agencies please. We’ve got this one covered.
The ideal candidate will have…
- Experience in building websites with WordPress CMS, with relevant examples of how you’ve utilised the platform in the past
- Knowledge of the web development life cycle & continuous integration/deployment.
- Examples of cleanly written, well-documented, secure code
- A good eye for design – whilst you won’t be designing any web layouts, you recognise the importance of good design and UX and are capable of realising those designs accurately throughout development
It would be an advantage to have…
- A creative background
- An understanding of hosting, domains and website support using ticketing management tools
- Experience in Server management and MySQL
- Experience with CSS preprocessors including Stylus / SASS
- Experience of web animation using SVG
- Experience using Git and working with version control
- Agency experience
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- A good work / life balance