Junior Copywriter, Stratton Craig
- Location: Bristol
- Starting date: 02/01/2019
- Expires: 25/01/2019
About Stratton Craig
The right words can build understanding, inspire trust and create growth. Brands that find and use those words thrive. From our offices in Bristol and London, we help our clients to win through exceptional copywriting services, content strategy, content writing and language consultancy. In everything we write, we focus on the effect our words will have on the people who read them.
Every day, our copywriting agency helps clients increase their reach, launch new products and services, grow trust and understanding, build a digital presence or stand apart in their sector. The best copywriters do more than write: they open minds and open doors.
We work with some of the most dynamic businesses in the UK (and beyond) across sectors including finance, construction, energy, legal and retail. From annual reports to social media strategies, we help clients craft written communications that support their business and goals.
We’re a small core team but are exceptionally hard-working and productive. We’re looking for someone with a lot of common sense and drive: a real self-starter. If this is appealing, you can expect to work in a fun and supportive environment as part of a fast-growing and ambitious agency.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working alongside one other writer to produce daily articles for one of our biggest accounts, and supporting on the day-to-day administration needs for the client. This will primarily involve:
- Researching relevant news stories
- Writing online content that is SEO focused and answers questions set out in the brief
- Proofreading and editing other writers’ work to maintain a high standard of writing
- Uploading articles to the client’s website
- Assisting with other writing tasks for clients as necessary
- Keeping the team updated on your workload etc. to make sure we’re all working together to give clients the best service
- Attending regular team meetings, contributing new ideas and helping to build on Stratton Craig’s reputation as a leading written communications consultancy
Who we’re looking for:
- A capable writer and editor who understands the value of language to businesses
- We care about our clients and each other, and we’re looking for someone who shares this sense of purpose
- Someone who is energetic, enthusiastic and proactive, with the desire to produce high-quality, high-volume content every day
- Someone who thrives on responsibility and who can focus working in a busy office environment
- A writer who is extremely detail oriented and organised
The small print
- Educated to degree level (English or related degree highly desirable)
- Must show experience of writing
- Two references required
- £18,000 per annum
- Must be able to work at our central Bristol office Monday-Friday (9am – 5.30pm)
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK required