PR Account Executive, Cohesive
Function: Marketing Assistant/Executive
Role categories: PR and Communications
- Rate/Salary: £18 - £22
- Location: Chepstow
- Type: contract
- Starting date: ASAP
- Expires: 21/12/2018
Reporting to: Account Manager
Location: Chepstow (although home/flexible working is supported where required)
Purpose: The primary role of the PR Account Executive is to find and secure opportunities to share our clients’ stories, with help and guidance from the rest of their team. You’ll also be the eyes and ears of the account team, with a 360 degree view of all activity on campaigns.
The PR Account Executive will:
- Deliver against client, campaign and content plans, working with account teams to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Identify and secure opportunities to share clients’ news, opinions and customer testimonials.
- Contribute to the story making essential to differentiate our clients in a cluttered and competitive marketplace.
- Produce and commission creative and informative content for various channels, in whatever format best suits our target audience.
- Help to manage team resource in order to achieve results in the most cost-effective fashion.
- Create and deliver client reports, highlighting success and ideas for progress.
- Liaise with clients in meetings, calls, media briefings etc.
Established in 1992 and re-imagined in 2006, we’ve been at the vanguard of tech innovation for more than two decades. Starting life as a B2B tech PR firm, we’ve evolved. We believe that people don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.
We’ve reimagined Public Relations for a purpose driven world. Working with the founders, leaders and marketers of tech businesses, we’re telling stories, writing compelling content and starting conversations - on purpose.
So unlike many PR firms, you won’t find us pedalling propaganda or fakery, trumpeting about 2.0, or working through the same old tired playbook. Instead you’ll discover curious and committed people, inspired by tech and passionate about crafting and sharing stories with a human-first approach.
We tell stories on purpose. http://wearecohesive.com/
Key Attributes of the Ideal Person
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of one year’s experience as an account executive in a successful PR agency is preferred, or…
- A minimum of one year’s experience as a communications assistant or similar in- house
- An undergraduate degree is desirable
- If you have experience working with technology brands - that’s a considerable advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Very organised, with an ability to manage and prioritise your own to-do list
- You can write short articles, blogs and posts with the minimum of support
- Ability to seek out and build relationships with influencers
- Adept with using social media channels to tell stories
- Familiarity with media management systems
- Knowledge of Mac/Windows, Office for Mac and social media tools
Persona and values
- Hard working and organised
- Creative and curious
- A desire to succeed
- Proactivity and a ‘get stuck in’ attitude
- Team oriented
Good sense of humour