Managing Editor, Wildfire Comms
- Rate/Salary: Competitive rate
- Location: Bristol
- Starting date: 01/12/2018
- Expires: 07/11/2018
Bristol digital & print publishers Wildfire Comms is seeking an experienced B2B journalist to head up our small editorial team.
Based in the Paintworks media quarter, we publish five leading niche education B2B magazines and websites.
You will drive the editorial output on our titles, update and continue the growth of the websites and liaise closely with the design, sales and marketing teams as well as our sector partner associations & organisations.
In addition, this is a hugely exciting moment in Wildfire’s growth. We have an ambition and vision for expanding our titles into international markets. Our new ME will be a critical part of the development team by overseeing the strategy and delivery of the international content in what will be an adventurous [and no doubt demanding!] project. Are you up for a challenge?
You will have considerable experience of producing quality B2B content, be able to work with and inspire a tightly knit team, liaise with professional associations and may need to confidently represent the titles at conferences and events around the UK and internationally.
- Considerable experience in magazine/newspaper editing including flat-planning and managing your own publishing projects.
- You will have flawless writing, copy editing, proofreading and production skills.
- You will be a strong forward planner who is meticulously organised.
- You will be a detail person who always delivers projects to tight deadlines.
- You will be fully conversant with social media and its full range of uses (Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn.)
- You will be a genuine team player, able to work closely with a busy advertising/design team, other editors, commercial clients and freelance writers.
- You will have a ‘can-do’ attitude, willing to turn your hand to any task and find unique solutions to challenges.
- You will have the ability to use content management systems for uploading web content.
- Educated to degree level - preferably in English and/or Journalism
- Video editing/software experience
- A knowledge of the UK’s education sector
- Proficiency in Indesign
Benefits We offer: A competitive salary based on experience. An additional on target bonus & benefits A fun, creative working environment in an open-plan office in Paintworks, Bristol's creative hub. An opportunity to be involved in helping establish Wildfire as one of the brightest media companies in the south west.
A competitive salary based on experience.
An additional on target bonus & benefits
A fun, creative working environment in an open-plan office in Paintworks, Bristol's creative hub.
An opportunity to be involved in helping establish Wildfire as one of the brightest media companies in the south west.