Freelance B2B magazine/online editor, Wildfire Comms
Role categories: Editorial
- Rate/Salary: Competitive rate based on experience
- Location: Bristol
- Starting date: ASAP
- Expires: 07/10/2018
Wildfire Comms, based at The Paintworks, Bristol, is seeking to be build a bank of experienced, enthusiastic and talented freelance editors to step into our busy team from time to time when the need arises.
We have several leading education B2B print titles and websites, You will need to drive the editorial output on our titles and update and continue the growth of the websites, and liaise closely with the design, sales and marketing teams.
You will have considerable experience of producing quality B2B content, be able to work in a tightly knit team, liaise with professional associations and may need to confidently represent the titles at conferences and events around the UK and internationally.
- Educated to degree level – preferably in English and/or Journalism.
- Considerable experience in magazine/newspaper editing including flat-planning and managing your own publishing projects.
- You will have flawless writing, copy editing, proofreading and production skills.
- You will be a strong forward planner who is meticulously organised.
- You will be a detail person who always delivers projects to tight deadlines.
- You will be fully conversant with social media and its full range of uses (Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn.)
- You will be a genuine team player, able to work closely with a busy advertising/design team, other editors, commercial clients and freelance writers.
- You will have a ‘can-do’ attitude, willing to turn your hand to any task and find unique solutions to challenges.
- You will have the ability to use content management systems for uploading web content.
* Video editing/software experience
* A knowledge of the UK’s education sector
* Proficiency in Indesign