Marketing via Social Media for Film and Filmmakers: One Day Course
Where: M Shed, Princes Wharf, Wapping Rd, Bristol, BS1 4RN
When: 05 October 2019 10:30am to 4:30pm
This course is supported by the ScreenSkills Film Skills Fund with contributions from UK film productions. ScreenSkills is the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen industries.
It has been developed and delivered in assocation with Taylor Kerek and Bristol UNESCO City of Film.
Much digital marketing today relies on social media activity to reach out to specific audiences with key information about people, projects, companies and campaigns. This course will equip attendees, who are already working in the film industry, with the knowledge and strategic thinking to start using social media with specific aims. That may be working in a professional capacity for a production company, running a campaign or simply promoting their own professional and creative life online.
Each attendee will be taken through the elements required for a successful social media marketing plan, with a practical exercise to put their own plan together during the course.
Aims of the course – to give attendees:
• Confidence to start using social media for professional purposes
• Understanding of what powers a successful approach to social media marketing
• Confidence to create their own digital marketing campaign.
• The power of social media in today’s communications and media landscape
• Content that powers social media success – creating shareable content
• The importance of creating content that people want to share
• The key formats of social media which are used to create shareable social content
• Making the most of your content
• The evolving landscape of telling stories via social media
• Exercise: social media content
• Marketing campaign case study: How to turn an idea into a £3m campaign
• Creating a social media plan or strategy: aims, audiences, tone of voice, building community, collaboration, campaigns, production and measuring success
• Exercise: plan your own social media strategy or campaign + review
Who is the course for?
Freelancers or staff already working in the film industry. Specifically, those who are, or would like to be, using social media for some professional purposes.
This may include, although isn’t limited to, people:
• Involved with marketing or promotional activity and campaigns
• Wanting to promote their own professional expertise and experiences
• People in sales and distribution (marketing managers for films/production companies/cinemas/festivals, film programmers for example)
• And those where social media knowledge can be professionally useful.
Rowan Kerek Robertson is a social media and digital communications expert, producer, consultant and trainer. She is the former Head of Social Media for BBC Television, with nearly 20 years experience in professional social media production, now running her own company from Bristol. Rowan has delivered social media training for the BBC, the European Broadcasting Union, Digital Cities, the European Parliament, charities, universities and many more. Rowan was a 2019 judge of the RTS West of England awards and is a passionate and animated public speaker who has designed a significant number of training courses.
Full price = £25
Reduced price = £15
A reduced rate will be offered to those on benefits or with carer obligations to children or adults.
“Marketing Via Social Media For Film & Filmmakers” has been funded by ScreenSkills in assocation with Taylor Kerek and Bristol UNESCO City of Film. Full attendance cost without these subsidies would be £125.
How can you apply to attend?
As places for this course are limited, attendance applications are invited here. We will reply via email to confirm places and request payment before the course.
See also: Course listing on screenskills.com
Entry Cost: £25 or £15 reduced
Posted by: Rowan | 01-10-2019
Contact the event organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org