Providing Digital Creative Services to Clients - Workshop with Rebecca Steer
Where: The Square Club, 15 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HB
When: 04 March 2019 4:00pm to 6:00pm
Rebecca Steer runs Steer & Co, a small law firm specialising in the creative and tech sectors. Over the last few years Rebecca has run numerous successful workshops for Bristol Media members. This particular workshop is a must attend for Digital Agencies and developers who are involved in pitching for and delivering digital development and services projects. It will cover the traditional development models of agile and waterfall from a legal and commercial perspective and give helpful hints to ensure your pitch and associated contract negotiations are successful and minimise project risks.
The session will also cover other legal considerations around using consultants, freelancers and third party/open source software in your projects and is brought to you by award-winning lawyer, Rebecca Steer, who specialises in IP, IT and media law.
Who should attend?
Aimed at executives at Digital Agencies and individual developers who are involved in pitching for and delivering digital projects and who are responsible for the contractual aspects of projects.
The workshop will cover:
- What contracts should you have in place?
- What can go wrong with projects?
- Agile or waterfall? What are the legal and commercial characteristics of each? What are the risks of each model?
- Payment models - how does fixed price and T&M fit into each model?
- How is OSS and third-party software different to code you develop in house? Who owns it?
- How to safely use open source tools and libraries and third-party software materials.
- Spotlight on some commonly used products (Shopify, Wordpress etc.) and common OSS licenses
- Use of third-party images, code and materials
- What does all this mean for your client contracts and freelancer contracts?
- Risk and Liability
- Contractual disputes
- What happens when clients don’t pay
This workshop takes place at The Square Club from 4-6pm on Monday 4th March and costs £30.00+VAT for members and £50.00+VAT for non members.
Booking is via Eventbrite
Rebecca's sessions are always very popular so book early to avoid disappointment!
Entry Cost: £30.00+VAT for members and £50.00+VAT for non members
Posted by: | 01-03-2019