Business Health Check Workshop with Rebecca Steer
Where: The Square Club, 15 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HB
When: 04 February 2019 4:00pm to 6:00pm
Rebecca Steer runs Steer & Co, a small law firm specialising in the creative and tech sectors. Over the last few years Rebecca has run numerous successful workshops for Bristol Media members. This 'Business Health Check' workshop is a ‘must have’ session for all Creative & Digital business owners who want to have a new year health check of their business. The session will cover advice on Brexit implications, changes you should consider and an update on contractual implications for you, your customers and suppliers.
The session will also cover post GDPR matters and help you prepare for the potential changes required by the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR). As well as touching on other guidance and best practice, the session will look at cyber threats to your business and common issues for Creative & Digital sector businesses.
This business health check workshop will address how you can protect, mitigate and avoid all of these issues and more and is brought to you by award-winning lawyer, Rebecca Steer, who specialises in IP, IT and media law.
Who should attend?
Aimed at senior executives, general managers and those who are responsible for managing employees, freelancers and suppliers in creative and development projects.
The workshop will cover:
- Brexit proof your business – what should you be considering? Will your contracts still be valid? Will trade continue as normal? Data Protection implications? What else?
- Are you complying with GDPR in practice now the dust has settled? What other data issues are around the corner from a legal perspective? GDPR & Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
- Have you cyber-proofed your business? How would you handle a cyber incident? What impact could a cyber breach have on your business?
- Future plans – exit, sale and merger, key considerations to get into shape.
- Updates on other best practice legal issues and related contract matters for the Creative Digital Sectors.
This workshop takes place at The Square Club from 4-6pm on Monday 4th February and costs £30.00+VAT for members and £50.00+VAT for non members.
Booking is via Eventbrite
Rebecca's sessions are always very popular so book early to avoid disappointment!
Entry Cost: £30.00+VAT for members and £50.00+VAT for non members
Posted by: | 30-01-2019