Where: The Square Club, 15 Berkeley Square, BS8 1HB
When: 06 March 2018 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Bristol Bloggers & Influencers events are for bloggers and small businesses, combining networking with practical advice on improving your blog and online presence.
How to get more work as a writer
The talk will cover how bloggers and writers can pitch to get more paid writing work and even turn their ideas into a book deal.
What the talk will cover
– How to use your skills as a blogger to get into journalism
– How to successfully pitch to magazine and newspaper editors
– How to make a living as a freelance writer
– An introduction to turning a blog concept into a book deal
About the speaker
Sian Anna Lewis is an award-winning travel and outdoors journalist, presenter and blogger who writes for titles such as The Independent, Evening Standard, BBC Countryfile, Coast, Outdoor Enthusiast and Sunday Times Travel. Her work as an adventurous writer has taken her around the world in the name of a good story and her blog, The Girl Outdoors is all about championing easy adventures that beginners can try. Her first book, The Girl Outdoors, is out in April this year, published by Bloomsbury.
Who is this talk for?
– Bloggers who want to develop more paid writing work
– Writers who want to learn how to pitch their skills effectively.
This is one of a series of talks on blogging, social media and digital marketing, as well as cocktails and making connections in The Square's Lower Deck cocktail bar.
Book your ticket here
Entry Cost: £20.00
Posted by: The Square Club | 15-02-2018
Contact the event organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org