Writing skills for Bloggers & Businesses
Where: The Square Club, 15 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HB
When: 09 May 2017 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Writing Skills for Bloggers and Businesses: Better Writing, Better Blogging, Better Results
Small changes make a big difference to the quality of your writing. In this talk you’ll discover some simple ways to improve your writing skills and keep your blog readers hanging on your every word.
This training event is aimed at bloggers and media professionals who would like to improve their writing skills. It will also be beneficial to small business owners who want to improve the written content on their business blog or website.
About the speaker
Author and entrepreneur Amy Morse, has 20 years’ experience in training and coaching. Since 2010 she has worked with thousands of start-ups and small businesses, helping them to embrace the things they can do, instead of being held back by what they can’t do. Blogging is the engine of her business.
Amy has 4 novels (and counting) published as Amy C Fitzjohn and 3 non-fiction business books, the best-selling of which is ‘Blogging for Business’. In 2015 her worlds as a business coach and a novelist collided and she now works with businesses to bring a little writer’s razzle-dazzle to communications. Find Amy at AmyMorse.co.uk
What the talk will cover
- The power of storytelling and why it matters for your blog
- Who your readers are and what keeps them coming back
- An easy to follow writing structure to organise your ideas and emphasise your main points
- How to apply the 60/40 story rule to grab your readers attention and keep them hooked
- The three part story formula for a satisfying read
- Clever language tweaks to inject action and impact into your words
- Your writing voice - bring your personality into your words, so your readers get to know, like and trust you
Who is this talk for?
- Bloggers who want to improve their writing to help them build a loyal and engaged audience.
- Small businesses and freelancers who want to create engaging written content for their business website or blog.
Format of the session
- 6pm arrive and time for a drink and networking before the talk starts
- 6.30-7.30pm Presentation with time for questions at the end
- 7.30-8pm drinks and networking with time to speak to Amy after the talk
- 8pm - our session ends but you are welcome to stay longer for a drink or to network with other attendees
- Drinks are available to purchase from the Square Club Bar and food from the Square Kitchen in the Berkeley Square Hotel
About the Venue
- The Square Club is a private member's club for the film, media and creative industries situated within the Berkeley Square Hotel, Clifton
- Our event will be held in the Lower Deck cocktail bar which you can access through Berkeley Square Hotel
By Car - Meter parking is available in Berkeley Square and on nearby streets. The nearest multi-story car park is the West End Car Park accessed via Berkeley Place which is a 5 nimute walk from the venue.
By Train - The closest station is Bristol Temple Meads. The venue is a 30 minute walk or 15-20 minute car/ bus ride from the station. Several buses run from Temple Meads Station to the top of Park Street.
By Bus - There are numerous buses that pass up and down Park Street - you should alight at the top of Park Street or on the Triangle.
About Bristol Bloggers and Influencers
This talk is organised by Heather Cowper for Bristol Bloggers and Influencer's network. We are a community of bloggers and digital influencers based in or around Bristol for socialising, networking and connection with local brands and businesses. Heather can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To keep the price as low as possible, we are unable to offer refunds once the ticket has been registered.
- However, your ticket may be transferred to another attendee. If you have any difficulty transferring your ticket please contact Heather Cowper at email@example.com
- Even if you register but are unable to attend, you will be e-mailed the slides of Amy's presentation
Entry Cost: £20 +fee
Posted by: Heather Cowper | 27-04-2017
Contact the event organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org