Characterisation for Screenwriters - A Course Led by Rachel Tillotson
Where: Redbrick House, Top Floor, 6 York Court, Wilder Street, Bristol, BS2 8QH
When: 31 October 2016 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Rachel is a BAFTA Award-Winning Professional Filmmaker and a Lecturer on Film-making at UWE. Her company Jerminate Ltd specialises in Character Creation for Film.
This is a course going over three evenings where Rachel will guide you through the original way Jerminate creates film characters. They use organic processes to develop a character with many layers and let the character create the story.
If you would like to discover new ways to create your characters and stories, this is the course for you! If you know friends who would like this course, please share it with them. All ticket proceeds go to Rachel’s latest film project called Somewhere Out There.
Mon 29th August
- The Director's Perspective
- How character and audience investment is vital
- How direction informs our writing
Homework: Begin creating a character of your own
Mon 26th Sept
· Preparing a Character in Depth
· Individuals can present their character to the group if they wish
· Examples of character profiles
· Examples of ideas for short film synopses
· Approaches to Pitches, Written Directors’ Statements and Writers’ Statements.
Homework: Prepare a pitch
Mon 31st October
· Developing Your Pitch
· People bring a pitch each (it is optional to share it with the group)
· Rachel and the group gives feedback on the pitches and openly share ideas
Course ticket: £25
All three evenings take place at RedBrick House.
To Book Your Ticket, please go to this webpage:
Click “Get This Reward” underneath the Bristol Screenwriting Course.
Remember to include your full name so that your name is added to the class list. Please don't pledge anonymously as we will have no record of your name.
If you have any questions about the course or get stuck booking your ticket, please email us with your phone number and we will get back to you.
Entry Cost: £25.00
Posted by: Nicola Essex | 27-09-2016
Contact the event organiser: email@example.com