CineMe Presents 'South West Shorts' at the Orpheus Cinema
Where: Scott Cinemas - The Orpheus Cinema, 51 Northumbria Drive, Henleaze, Bristol,, BS9 4HN
When: 10 March 2016 8:00pm to 11:00pm
CineMe presents a special evening profiling 9 of the 'best' short films made in the South West or with a Bristol connection.
The evening celebrates CineMe's 8th anniversary as a platform for independent filmmakers to exhibit their short films and features. The night will include a showcase of 9 locally made shorts with some of the filmmakers discussing their work. There will be an 'Audience Award' for the most popular film screened and we conclude with drinks and chat at the Westbury Park Tavern Pub opposite the Orpheus Cinema.
The 9 short films screening at CineMe's South West Shorts include:-
1. Beneath The Tides (Director Rupert Miles) - BAFTA award winning sound recordist Rupert Miles drama about a distressed young woman, who returns to a beautiful windswept beach. When she arrives painful and tragic events are replaced by memories of that perfect kiss.
2. Conversations With Strangers (Director James Sampson) - An off-beat comedy / drama about first impressions, miscommunications and instant attractions. The script is an amalgamation of a series of scenes written by three different writers, each with a unique perspective on the theme of love and relationships.
3. Demons (Director Abdullah Al Maawali) - A self confessed paedophile desperately battling his urges comes to a crossroads when his unknowing wife falls unexpectedly pregnant.
4. Drawn Away (Director Christian Plamenov) - An introvert painter struggling with anxiety develops an infatuation towards a woman and must overcome his solitary nature in order to express his feelings.
5. Gage (Director Keith Wilhelm Kopp) - A western about Doctor John Harlow, a man with severe anxiety problems. He must overcome his issues to save his famed Phineas Gage from viciousness of his local community.
6. Listen To Me (Director Rob Ayling) - A young musicologist suspects her next door neighbour is in an abusive relationship.
7. Testimony (Director Kamila Dydyna) - in 1991, a 9-year old girl has to testify in a domestic abuse court hearing. Her mother is the plaintiff, her father - the defandant. Based on a true story.
8. Vicious (Director Oliver Park) - A young woman comes home one night to find her front door unlocked and suspects she might not be alone in the house.
9. A Girl and Her Gun (Directors Paul Holbrook and Samuel Dawe) - A tormented and neglected twelve year old finds solace watching classic western movies. When she finds a gun in her late father's loft she stands up to her tormentors, just like her gunslinging heroes.
Join CineMe for one night only at the famous old Bristol cinema The Orpheus for a feast of short film entertainment. The films begin at 20:00pm and admission prices are as follows:-
Advance Tickets - £6.00 General Admission or £5.00 Concessions (NUS and 60+).
Advance Tickets available for purchase at https://cineme16.eventbrite.co.uk
Admission on the door - £7.50 General Admission or £6.50 Concessions.
Entry Cost: Advance Sales £6.00 General & £5.00 Concessions. Admission on the door £7.50 General & £6.50 Concessions
Posted by: James Ewen | 10-02-2016
Contact the event organiser: email@example.com