Where: Watershed, Harbourside, 1 Canon's Road, BS1 5TX
When: 20 March 2014 9:00am to 21 March 2014 5:00pm
i-Docs 2014: a two-day event dedicated to the fast-developing world of interactive documentary exploring the new forms and storytelling practices that are emerging where the internet and mobile technologies meet changing audience behaviours: web documentaries, factual mobile programming, apps, e-journalism
On March 20/21 i-Docs brings together leading practitioners, producers and scholars to present, debate and reflect on cutting edge and award-winning work. Two full days of focussed and challenging conversations, interrogating new production models, considering methods of engagement and evaluation, exploring new territories for participatory and collaborative media.
Keynote speakers include new media artist Hank Willis Thomas (Question Bridge), documentary storyteller Elaine McMillion (Hollow) and media historian Professor William Uricchio (MIT Open Documentary Lab) and for Thursday evening we are delighted to confirm a special performance of the award winning interactive theatre event, Choose Your Own Documentary.
Five reasons you should attend:
1. Meet up with some of the most influential names in the interactive factual world (commissioners, producers, new talents and media researchers)
2. Get inspired by cutting edge projects like Firestorm (the Guardian), Lifesaver (Unit 9), Avatar Secrets (Ramona Pringle), Inside the Distance (Sharon Daniel) and OFFSHORE (Brenda Longfellow)
3. Learn about successful co-located work practice in delivering multi-platform projects - Helios Design Labs (Highrise, OFFSHORE) will share their experiences from working on their latest project WOO.
4. Hear the results of ground breaking research into audience engagement & new design methods for interactive storytelling. Better understand and identify your audience and improve the user experience.
5. See how iPads and tablets can be used at their best in factual storytelling. Case studies on haptic navigation, embodied participation and subtle immersion are all on show.
i-Docs 2014 is open for registration. Delegate passes can be booked now. We advise early booking as both previous conferences were completely sold out.http://idocs2014.dcrc.org.uk
Entry Cost: £175 Full/£135 Student & Conc.
Posted by: i-docs | 26-02-2014
Contact the event organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org