Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions are for membership and use of the Bristol Media website (the Site) which is owned by Bristol Media CIC (BM). You may access the Site in several ways, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, PDA, mobile phone and RSS feeds. These terms and conditions apply whenever you access the Site, on whatever device.
By using the Site you are deemed to have accepted these conditions.
1. Permitted Use: Subject to what is said below, material from the Site may be downloaded, viewed, listened-to, printed, copied on the hard disk of your computer (but not photocopied) and used for: your own personal, non-commercial purposes; internal business purposes; or the non-commercial purpose of using the Site as a personal information resource in good faith ONLY. Single copies of pages from the Site may be printed out for the sole purposes of enabling the person printing the page to retain a copy for their own personal records. Any other type of use (and, in particular, any copying or distribution of material from the Site for any commercial or business purpose) requires the prior written agreement of Bristol Media CIC (BM).
1.2 You agree that you will not use the Site: for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect; in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the the Site by any person; which will compromise the privacy or data protection rights of any person; for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation; for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded from the Site; to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party; or in any way that might bring Bristol Media CIC(BM) or any of its related companies or employees into disrepute.
2. Registration: This Clause 2 shall apply where you register with Bristol Media CIC (BM) for use of the Site.
2.1 You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested by Bristol Media CIC (BM) in the registration form (“the Registration Information”). You agree to maintain and promptly update the Registration Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You agree to keep the password for your access to Bristol Media confidential and agree not to permit anyone else to have access to it. Furthermore you agree to be fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password.
2.2 You agree to immediately notify Bristol Media CIC (BM) of any unauthorised use of your password.
3. Removal of material and cancellation of access to the Site
3.1 Bristol Media CIC (BM) shall have the right to cancel your registration and/or refuse you access to the the Site at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice and Bristol Media CIC (BM) shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever (other than losses or damages for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Bristol Media CIC (BM) or its employees) arising from your inability to access any of the pages on the Site.
3.2 Bristol Media CIC (BM) shall have the right at any time and for any reason to remove from the pages on the Site any material posted, uploaded, emailed or otherwise transmitted by you without giving you any advance notice and Bristol Media CIC (BM) shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever (other than losses or damages for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Bristol Media CIC (BM) or its employees) arising from the removal of such material.
3.3 Bristol Media CIC (BM) will not view or edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else make to the interactive pages of the Site and therefore, unless Bristol Media CIC(BM) is specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that they are responsible for having made it available on the Site. Bristol Media CIC (BM) shall have the right (but not the obligation) to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or made available on, the forums or the website without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
3.4 If you object to the publication of any material placed on the Site please let Bristol Media CIC (BM) know by calling +44 (0) 117 971 0199 or by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com and they will take whatever action they deem appropriate.
4. Rights Clearances The copyright, and other rights, in some of the material appearing on the Site may belong to a third party. It is your responsibility to obtain any licences or permissions that may be required to use such material and you agree to pay any costs or expenses incurred by Bristol Media CIC (BM) which arise as a result of your failure to obtain such licences and permissions.
5. Submitting Content You may submit material for publication on parts of the Site including blogs, forums and Ad of the day/week. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy. If you want to submit material to Bristol Media CIC (BM) for publication on the Site, you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
5.1 Bristol Media CIC (BM) may publish and make available to the public by any means any material that you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to them or to the Site at their sole discretion and they shall be entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication.
5.2 You hereby grant Bristol Media CIC (BM) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide licence to republish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to them or to the Site in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
5.3 You hereby waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 in respect of any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to Bristol Media CIC (BM) or to the Site.
5.4 Publication of any material you submit to us will be at Bristol Media CIC (BM)’s sole discretion. Bristol Media CIC (BM) reserves the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication.
5.5 You warrant to Bristol Media CIC (BM) that any material you submit to the Site is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights.
5.6 You warrant that the material you submit and the language that you use is not obscene, abusive, hateful, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal.
5.7 You agree not to post material which is deliberately intended to upset other users, to breach confidence, to compromise privacy or to process personal data in an unauthorised manner.
5.8 You agree not to post material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
5.9 You agree not to place any links on the Site where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these terms.
5.10 You agree that, except where expressly permitted by Bristol Media CIC (BM), you will not place on the Site advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use the Site for any commercial purposes (which would include using the Site to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).
5.11 You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause Bristol Media CIC(BM) damage or loss and you agree to indemnify Bristol Media CIC (BM) in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
5.12 Bristol Media CIC (BM) reserves the right to remove your access to individual services completely if Bristol Media CIC (BM) believes that you are abusing the services in any way.
6.1 Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by Bristol Media CIC (BM) and its employees in these pages, the contents of the Site reflect the opinions of the writers, they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Bristol Media CIC (BM) or any of its partners or sponsors. They are personal to the writer and are naturally subject to change from time to time. It is the responsibility of users to check the accuracy of relevant facts and take appropriate professional advice before entering into any commitment based upon them.
6.2 Bristol Media CIC (BM) can not guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. Bristol Media CIC (BM), it’s directors, it’s employees and it’s representatives exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Bristol Media CIC (BM) or its officers) including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other Internet sites or the use thereof.
6.3 Some of the pages on the Site include material (including, but not limited to, advertisements) posted by third parties. This includes most of the material that is posted on the “Jobs” section of the Site which has been posted by third party employment agencies and businesses. Individual users and advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising and other material which they submit to Bristol Media CIC (BM) and for ensuring that such content complies with all relevant legislation. Bristol Media CIC (BM) accepts no responsibility for the content of material posted by third parties, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
6.4 On some of the pages of the Site users may be given the opportunity of entering into agreements with third parties. Bristol Media CIC (BM) is not a party to those agreements, does not act as an agent for those third parties (who, in turn, do not act as agents for Bristol Media CIC (BM)) and Bristol Media CIC (BM) is not liable in relation to, and takes no responsibility for, any contract entered into by users with any third party.
7.1 Some of the pages on the Site include links to external websites. These links are included to give users the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of assistance to them. Bristol Media CIC (BM) is not responsible for the content of these Internet sites.
8.1 Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the pages of the Site are free from viruses, Bristol Media CIC (BM) gives no warranties that they are indeed free from viruses and users are responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus checking software.
8.2 Bristol Media CIC (BM) excludes, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Bristol Media CIC (BM) or its officers) for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of:
(a) the pages on the Site or any other Internet sites; or
(b) any material downloaded from the Site or any other Internet sites.
9. Intellectual Property The names, images and logos identifying Bristol Media CIC (BM) or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of Bristol MediaCIC (BM) and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and Bristol Media CIC (BM) reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
10. Variations These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after any variation has been posted.
11. Severability If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
12.1 The Site has been created with UK users in mind and therefore it’s content may not be appropriate or lawful outside of the UK. Users from outside of the UK should therefore verify for themselves whether or not it is appropriate for them to access the Site
12.2 The terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
13. Bristol Media CIC
Bristol Media CIC is a company registered in England and Wales under number 6124865 whose registered office is c/ FD Works, 8b, Greenway Farm, Bath Rd, Bristol BS30 5RL.
Privacy and Data Protection
Bristol Media CIC (BM) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the site. This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by BM or when you report a problem with the site.
- Information that other people (usually your employer) provide to us about you and your membership. We will send you an initial communication asking you to verify this information and confirm your consent to us using your information as set out in this Policy. You may grant, amend, withhold or withdraw your consent at any time.
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- BM may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the site and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. These are anonymous data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and do not identify any individual.
For the same reason we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer – see our Cookies Policy for details.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside of the EU: The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area. We will always ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure the privacy of your personal data in accordance with the standards set out in relevant data protection legislation.
Risks Involved in Transmitting Personal Data over the Internet: Transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst BM will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of data transmitted by you to the Site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use appropriate security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access to it. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways to provide you with member services and carry out our other reasonable functions in our role as a creative network and member organisation (see https://www.bristolmedia.co.uk for details)
- in accordance with our legitimate interests
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us with your consent (including where we can rely on “soft opt-in" under relevant data protection legislation e.g. where we are contacting you in respect of the same or similar goods or services as those we have previously supplied to you or discussed with you)
- to ensure that the Site’s content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to respond to the contents of your email or other correspondence to us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you choose to do so
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to comply with our legal obligations;
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- in the event that we offer to sell any assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the potential purchaser of such assets
- if substantially all of BM’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be transferred to such third party
- if we are required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of BM, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for protection against credit risk and fraud.
We may also use your data or permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you where you have clearly and specifically notified us that you wish to receive such information from such third parties. You have the right to request us not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties. We will inform you before collecting your data, if we intend to disclose your information to any third party and you can exercise that right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also notify us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not disclose individual information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate anonymised information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We would comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience using the personal data we have collected from you and from others.
We will hold your personal data for as long as:
(a) your membership with us remains valid and for 12 months after expiry; and/or
(b) any contracts you make with us are live; and/or
(c) is necessary to comply with our legitimate business interests; and/or
(d) is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
We will review your data every five years to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will send you one further email notifying you of our decision and asking you to positively indicate whether you wish us to continue processing your data. Unless we receive a positive indication, we will cease processing your data except that we will retain your data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations.
Your rights: You have the following rights in respect of your personal data held by us:
(a) to access your personal data
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (this information is set out in this Policy)
(c) to have your personal data corrected where necessary (please contact us promptly should you become aware of any incorrect or out-of-date information)
(d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances (please refer to the appropriate data protection legislation or consult the ICO for details)
(e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
(f) to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ 0303 123 1113.
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to email@example.com or Bristol Media, c/o Watershed, 1 Canon’s Road, Bristol, BS1 5TX, UK.
BM reserves the right to change this policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Site and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the policy on your first use of the Site following the alterations. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
Accessibility Bristol Media aims to provide advertising, marketing, media and PR information that is accessible to all user groups. The following features aim to enhance navigation for screen reader users, keyboard navigation and users of text-only browsers.
Structured, semantic markup This site’s markup (HTML) is semantically correct, usingHTML elements for their given purpose. Well structured HTML has semantic meaning for a wide range of user agents (browsers without style sheets, text browsers, PDAs, search engines etc.)
Images All content images used in this site include descriptive alt attributes. Purely decorative graphics include empty alt attributes.
Font sizes You may change the font size of this document to your preference through your browser: In Internet Explorer, select View, then Text Size, and then your preferred size. In Netscape select View, then Text Zoom, and then your preferred percentage size.
Style sheets This site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the use of structured semantic markup ensures that the content of each page is still readable and clearly structured.
Forms All forms follow a logical Tab sequence.
1.1 We do not permit you to post job advertisments if you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973 (‘the Act’)).
1.2 Bristol Media CIC (BM) has rules regarding the content and format of Job Advertisements whose purpose is to ensure that users who search the Site jobs database get results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that Bristol Media CIC (BM) may, at its discretion and without liability to you, remove from the Site any Job Advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
The rules are:
1. No duplicating of jobs at the expense of other clients’ jobs.
2. No gratuitous use of keywords in job descriptions or job titles. Gratuitous means deliberately inserting words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
3. Job Advertisements placed must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment.
4. URLs or email links (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. Email links are permitted from the ‘send an email’ link and url linking is permitted from the ‘apply online’ link.
1.3 Job Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of age, sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. If Bristol Media CIC (BM) believes that a Job Advertisement may be discriminatory it may at its discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from the Site without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
1.4 You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to Job Advertisements that you have posted and Bristol Media CIC (BM) does not guarantee any response to your Advertisements or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
1.5 Job Advertisements that you post may also appear on third party recruitment websites pursuant to agreements from time to time between Bristol Media CIC (BM) and the proprietors of such websites.
Content of All Advertisements
2.1 All Advertisements must comply with the following terms and conditions:
1. You warrant to Bristol Media CIC (BM) that any Advertisement is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights.
2. You warrant that any Advertisement that you submit and the language that you use in it is not obscene, abusive, hateful, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person.
3. You agree not to post any Advertisement which is deliberately intended to upset other users, to breach confidence, to compromise privacy or to process personal data in an unauthorised manner.
4. You agree not to post any Advertisement which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
5. You agree not to place within any Advertisement any links where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these terms.
6. You agree not to post any Advertisement which contravenes the relevant codes of conduct imposed by the Advertising Standards Authority.
7. You agree not to post, upload or otherwise transmit any Advertisement which:
- a. infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
- b. will compromise the privacy or data protection rights of any person; or
- c. may bring Bristol Media CIC (BM) into disrepute.
8. You agree not to use the Service for:
- a. the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, “affiliate schemes”, or any other so called “business opportunity” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
- b. for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
9. You acknowledge that any breach of the terms/warranties given above may cause Bristol Media CIC (BM) damage or loss and you agree to indemnify Bristol Media CIC (BM) in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage that it incurs as a result of publishing material that you submit to it, including consequential losses.
10. Bristol Media CIC (BM) may publish and make available to the public by any means any Advertisement that you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to it at their sole discretion and they shall be entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication.
11. If your Advertisement links to another website via our external apply online option or otherwise, you are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your Advertisement and the linked website. Bristol Media CIC (BM) may remove from the Site any Advertisement which contains content or links to a website which, in Bristol Media CIC (BM)’s opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring Bristol Media CIC (BM) into disrepute. You will indemnify Bristol Media CIC (BM) from and against any claims or liability arising from the content of websites that are linked to from your Advertisement.
12. Bristol Media CIC (BM) reserves the right to remove your Advertisements completely if Bristol Media CIC (BM) believes that you are abusing the Service in any way.
Membership benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Bristol Media (CIC) or our partners.
If you decide within seven days of paying for membership, that Bristol Media membership is not for you and you have not taken advantage of any of our services, including advertising jobs on South West Creative Jobs or membership benefits, you can cancel your contract with us and your payment will be returned to you.
If you have paid to attend a workshop or event and cancel up to five working days before the event is due to take place, your payment may be returned to you. Please contact us for more information. If you cancel within five working days of the event taking place, we are unfortunately not able to refund your payment.
All refunds will be made via Worldpay.
Bristol Media Group CIC is registered in England and Wales. Our company number is 06124865. Our registered office address is FD Works 14 Greenway Farm, Bath Road, Wick, BS30 5RL