20% discount for Bristol Media members
Advanced Typography for the Web & Print is an all-day workshop by Elliot Jay Stocks, the former Creative Director of Adobe Typekit, the founder of typography magazine 8 Faces, and the co-founder of lifestyle magazine Lagom. It aims to give attendees the skills needed to take their typesetting to the next level and, crucially, spans print and digital media.
From making informed decisions when choosing and pairing typefaces, to understanding the effect spacing has on the reader, right the way through to the intricacies of web font loading, the workshop equips participants with a broad knowledge of typesetting practices, ready to apply across multiple media.
We’ll be covering:
- Choosing & pairing typefaces
- Emotional & technical considerations surrounding type
- Spacing & context-based adjustments (measure, tracking, leading)
- Constructing a typographic system
- Setting type on the web
- Web font loading, subsetting, and optimisation
- OpenType features
- Knowing when to break the rules
- Hands-on, group-based interactive exercises
Who’s this workshop for?
- Web / app designers looking to supplement their skill set with core typographic principles derived from print design
- Print / graphic designers wanting to arm themselves with technical knowledge about typography on the web
- Web developers seeking to enhance their understanding of design with a focus on typography
- Attendees of the Advanced Typography… conference talk wanting to delve into the geekier design details
Held at The Forge — a beautiful venue in Bristol’s Arts Quarter — and supplied with great coffee from one of the city’s specialty coffee shops, the workshop in Bristol is going to be lots of fun. Lunch is included and will be equally special.
The usual cost is £349 per person but Elliot is kindly offering 20% discount to Bristol Media members taking the cost of your ticket down to £279 (inc VAT). Click here to book your place at the discounted rate https://ti.to/elliotjaystocks/advanced-typography-for-the-web-and-print-bristol/discount/bm2017